Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sea and Sky

This was a New Years resolution of mine, and one that I have actually done alright on. I figure that there will be weeks that I am just too busy or totally space. But still, if I only do half of them... it's much better than nothing. So I guess you can expect one of these a week. But for now... you get three.

Pictured first is a beach picture from Carpinteria 2011 trip.

 This is week three ( I finished it today... and have decided that I don't like city-scapes). The actual photo, from a National Geographic ( because I am a nerd), is a view of New York City.
 The water color of the above photo (Oh, all of these are watercolors. Did I mention that before? It's true.)
 This is a picture taken in 2010, at Carpentaria Beach. I just thought that the random couple on the beach was so cute! This is week two.
 So maybe it isn't as Orange as the picture, but there was only one color choice for Orange in my watercolor set (nearly unforgivable, I assure you.).
This post has accomplished many things. First, I now know how to upload photos to a blog. (applause)
Second, strengthens my resolve to keep this up if I function under the illusion that you guys will hold me up to it.
Third, you can now be constantly reminded of my amazing talents. (I had to throw that in, because, in case you have forgotten, I am ever so humble.)

2 comments:

  1. your humility is astounding, just like your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the "LIKE" button?!? I can teach you how to scan, too so you don't have to take pictures of your paintings or pictures of pictures. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete