Sunday, March 25, 2012

Skies of Blue

My family is not very bold when it comes to choosing pain colors. All of the bedrooms in the house have white walls, but some have different colored ceilings to try to make up for it. David's was blue. I don't remember how it came up, but Dad and David thought there should be clouds, and since I am the artist, the whole thing kind of fell into my lap. So here it is.
 My ever-so-helpful siblings were eager to help... and had fits when I tried to direct them elsewhere. (Melissa, in particular). So, I did my best to give them a tutorial of cloud formation, crossed my fingers, and let them loose. ( I them spent a lot of time 'fixing' it, but it made them feel better, so there you go.)
 Dad wanted to have clouds around the light fixture to make the light reflect better, or something. When we started, everyone was making tiny clouds and trying to form shapes. Then we looked at the big picture, and had to change it, connecting clouds in close proximity, and fluffing up smaller clouds. Then we had to make all of the clouds 'more substantial' by adding white to all of the centers.
I wasn't really a fan of the whole idea, but that was what David wanted, so I did it. All in all... it doesn't look so bad.
Maybe it shouldn't count... but THIS is my "Work of the Week."

No comments:

Post a Comment