Only ONE person has ever texted me more than once in a single night, and that person is Emily... and we were trying to coordinate rides.
Earlier today, I gave a girl named Tanya my number so that we could coordinate rides to a field trip tomorrow.
Tonight I went to a concert at the Smith Center tonight, and while they were announcing stuff... my phone vibrated.
It was a guy in my math class, asking if I had plans tonight.
For many reasons, that was a shock.
Against all of my musical training and concert etiquette ... wrote a reply.
I've heard that the Smith Center jams all phone frequencies in the building.
Guess what? That stuff actually works.
So my message didn't get through, and he would have to wait.
The concert was over, and I pulled out my phone again.
I guess he didn't wait very patiently, because I had 5 new text messages.
Yep. He was getting pretty desperate .... because he needed help on something in math. We have a test tomorrow.
By the time I texted back, he "didn't need help anymore."
I felt a little guilty.
And then something strange happened.
I had my first "conversation" via text.
And it was with a boy.
I also had a few texts from Tanya, figuring out the carpool.
Melissa's plans for a movie night spilled over a few texts too.
Which brings my grand total texts received tonight to ....
16
Dear Alayna, welcome to the new world of communications.
Yaaayyyyy so proud
ReplyDeleteOooooOOOOOoooo. Alayna's talking to boooys, Alayna's talking to boooys.
ReplyDelete