Other thoughts.
Beauty and the Beast (The Musical) is TOTALLY like Phantom of the Opera... if Gaston was actually a good person.
Observe.
Think about it....
Belle/Christine is a beautiful young girl in a new place, with a doting (though dead, in Christine's case) father who is elemental putting Belle/Christine in the situation that starts the play's plot line. (Christine's father taught her about the "Angel of Music," and she meets the Phantom at her Father's grave. Belle takes her father's place as a prisoner in the Enchanted Castle.) Belle/Christine lives in the castle/secret underground place for a time, then Gaston/Raoul got a group of people to attack the stronghold of the Beast/Phantom. The Beast/Phantom lets them come in without much resistance. Raoul/Gaston attempts to kill Beast/Phantom but Belle/Christine stops him. Somebody dies, and the rest live pretty much happily ever after. (...does the Phantom actually DIE? I'm not actually sure. But there you go.)
Beast/Phantom is horribly disfigured, and is isolated because of that. He is the master of his Enchanted Castle/ Opera house. He sees Belle/Christine as his only hope.He kind of obsesses over her.
Roses. And mirrors.
The Beast asks Belle to take the mirror with her to "remember him." Insert song, "Think of Me."
Common people don't really worry about Beast/Phantom until Belle/Christine wanders around. Then he's a murderous, scary, big deal.
Gaston and Raoul are both really fit men. And awesome.
Anyway. That's that.
And one more thought.
To be "almost" something, is to be nothing at all.
I am "almost" everything.
To "almost" win is to lose.
To "almost" get it is to miss.
To be "almost" chosen is to be forgotten
To be the runner up is fall short.
To be a nominee is nothing.
I sometimes feel like I am doomed to be forever "almost."
I got my laptop from writing the rtc carbon footprint essay...I hope you get it! that would be way cool.
ReplyDeleteI got a letter back from them a few days ago, and my essay wasn't selected. It's a shame, because I did write a pretty good essay.... but that's life. It's cool that you got it though! Small world.
ReplyDelete