Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Quotes

It's amazing what you'll say when you forget that people are listening.
Yesterday I typed out the quotes I've recorded from classmates, friends, and teachers throughout the year. Those were my words for the past week.

I also caught up on approximately 3 weeks of important stuff in my journal.
That's quite an accomplishment.

I'm including the quotes.... just for fun.


Mast Moments
“That’s like saying, ‘I need you all to tell me I’m pretty.’ I don’t, by the way. I know I’m pretty.”
“I will periodically lower my voice to add to the terror.”
“I’ll see you on the morrow…. well, not really. I’ll see you on the Monday, but the morrow sounds better.”
“I’m gonna have nightmares. You think I’m kidding.” (watching a modern Macbeth.)
“Am I wrong? Am I being rude? I am being rude, but am I wrong?”
“It’s just Hollywood. You got to let that crap go.”
“You have to put your heart out there, even though someone somewhere is going to stomp all over it. It’s how you learn to love.”
“It was pure, unadulterated, kindness on my part. Please take it as such.”
“Hush! This is not a critical conversation of any kind!”
“Are you bagging on Sarah McLaughlin? Aside from being Canadian, there’s nothing wrong with her!”
“Perfume and cologne. We get the idea that it’s expensive, so it must be good. It feels a bit like the ‘Emperors new clothes’ to me.”
“I don’t think that you can repent form murder. I think that that still gives you a 1st class ticket to the hot place.”
“Whatever you do all day, that’s what you are. So if you want to be something, spend your time doing it. If you want to be a writer, you’ve got to write every day.”
“If you ever need to find peace go out in nature. That is where you can find solitude…. there are also animals that will eat you, but there you go.”
“Why would I make that up?”
“It’s the awareness that separates you from childhood. Awareness makes you an adult.”
“A real laugh is unrestrained joy.”
“The whole “pre” thing is, I think, incredibly dumb. If you’re ‘pre-boarding,’ you’ve already boarded. If you ‘pre-ordered’ it, you’ve already ordered it!”
“All things you can know, but not say.”
On Edgar Allen Poe: “My guess is that, when the 3 women you love cough up all their blood and die…. it affects your writing.”
“I made that crap up.”
“Look at how hip I am! Or I play Guitar Hero. That could be it.”
“Blowing your nose is a different experience with a mustache. It’s like having a waste-station for snot.”
“Valentine’s Day is a crap holiday. You are supposed to do something nice. If you want it to mean anything, do it a week later, when they aren’t expecting it. And for the single population…. It’s welcome to hell.”
“I feel like the Bengal Pageant is a male beauty pageant. Which isn’t ok on any level.
About Dawn, Melissa, and Alayna: “Those three are slow as mud. Really really smart mud, but mud all the same; The quintessence of mud. I’d say that’s a compliment.”
“How are we on time? Oh, we’re crappy.”
“I don’t think they should let regular humans sit by the emergency exits on airplanes. They should have to pass an IQ test or something.”
“I don’t worry about you. Are you going to stumble? Of course! Some of you are going to flat out fall, but you’ll be ok. You are on the right path, and you’ll be just fine.”
“We make walls around our hearts; you don’t have that many yet, but you will. I have fortifications.”
“Jealousy is a learned [human] emotion. It’s not until there’s another human there to take your crap or have better crap that you realize your crap is crap!”
“You can’t plan for pirates.”
“I have always thought that sunflowers were creepy.”
“Did you just call me a Hufflepuff?! Get out of my room.”
On Faulkner: “He had an issue with drinking…. well, I guess not an issue. He was actually really good at it.”
“As a writer, you control the time and space of your novel. It’s kind of like being a Time Lord.”
 
The rest of us:
“What’s the point of High School? To prepare you for college. What’s the point of college? To prepare you for life. What’s the point of life? To die in the end.”                -Melissa Balconi
“Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us…. oh, and you too.”   -Alayna Een 
“Eventually I will ask you for your opinion, and you’ll have to give me the correct answer.”-Mr.Mar
“I feel like when we put on our hoodies we look like the KKK.”-Nadine Aleman
“You’re always so stylish! Not in a gay way, in a cool way.” –Melissa Balconi
“I can’t be that ugly; I have friends.”- Melissa Balconi
“The Lion, the Witch, and the Vending Machine. We should make a musical!”-Dawn Dimick.
“It isn’t cheating because there are no rules. You just do what you have to do to get the job done.”-Mr. Nicholson
“Why is it that my best thoughts come when I have food in my mouth?”-Nadine Aleman.
“That’s the gayest thing I’ve ever seen at this school…. and I wore a cheer-leading outfit yesterday.”-Ash Johnson
“Nobody can beat me at a Slurpee contest. Don’t got no brain to freeze!”-Ash Johnson
 “That was my fake laugh at your non-funny joke.”-Mrs. Farmer
“If you ever need to make out with someone, use this lip-gloss. It’s so amazing.”- Melody.
“She’s a nice lady, but I’m going to shoot myself. ‘On tomorrow,’ seriously?” –Mrs. Farmer
“This kid-every one is worth saving- and I got this one.” Mrs. Farmer
“I mistakenly made a mistake.”-Mr. Mar
“Lavish me!”-Nadine Aleman
“I was going to say something profound like, ‘If we don’t have dreams, what do we have?’ But no.”-Mr. Farmer
“Point me in the right direction; show me a different way to go. Give me only soft correction, only this way can I grow.” –Alayna Een
“Oh… I shouldn’t be saying that. You guys say it, and I’ll just laugh.” –Mrs. Farmer

“She’s beautiful, but she looks like a lesbian.”-Melody
Melody: “How do you know everything about relationships?”
Arlene: “I watch the Mexican Soap Operas.”

“Obama is my favorite president. He hangs out will so much celebrates.”-Arlene.
“Mermaids are sexy. I wanna be a mermaid. But they don’t wear bras.” –Arlene

Melody: “I wear Sports Bras instead of tank tops, and nobody notices. I wore one yesterday.”                                           Morgan: “I noticed.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment