Who am I?
Can I conceal myself for evermore?
Pretend I'm not the man I was before?
And must my name until I die
Be no more than an alibi?
Must I lie?
I'm still not sure what I stand for oh
Whoa oh oh (What do I stand for?)
Whoa oh oh (What do I stand for?)
Whoa oh oh (What do I stand for?)
Whoa oh oh (What do I stand for?)
Most nights I don't know anymore...
Oh and I'll let you go
I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you come back to me.
I'll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you come back to me.
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star –
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?
Lately I've noticed how unsure of themselves people seem to be today.
There's a boy I know who is separating himself from all the people and principals he's grown up with, hoping to find himself.
You are who you are, whether you realize it or not.
It's nature and nurture.
You've been molded by experiences and repeated habitual patterns.
You are a person.
The small daily choices make you into the kind of person you will be, but you have to start somewhere.
Start with who you are NOW.
Start with who you are NOW.
If you don't know who you are.... then who have you been?
All the years you've already lived... do those not count?
Brother McKay said something in church today that really struck me.
He said, "I cannot separate who I am from the blessings I've received."
He said, "I cannot separate who I am from the blessings I've received."
... nor should we try to.
I've never had to wonder.
I've been blessed with confidence. I know where I come from. I know where I am, I have a general idea of where I'm going.
I don't know exactly what I will be, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt who I am.
I am a daughter of God.
I'm a good student and a great person.
I love selectively and passionately.
I'm a "pure" Mormon.
I'm a good writer.
I'm a goal setter, and I live to achieve them.
I know who I am.
You live it and we love it.
ReplyDelete