Hello friends! Here's my most recent watercolor project. It's a (long delayed) wedding gift for a dear friend. I knew this picture would be a fun challenge, especially with the reflection and the angles of their faces.
Honestly very satisfied with this drawing.
Hey, M and T: If you ever need proof that you'd make a classy white-haired couple (or evidence of what you looked like in the preexistance), here it is.

When I painted his sweater, I thought "Oh no! Maybe I over-emphasized it!" But most people I've shown it to have mentioned immediately how good it looks. So... good.
Tristan's hair. I'm fairly satisfied with it.
Did some basic things with M's dress (and actually just called it good for simplicity's sake). I was a little bit nervous about M's hair but it came together fairly well.
CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT M'S HAIR TURNED OUT?!
The jewelry came together well, too.
I bet you're wondering why I have a dirty toothbrush here...
It's a creative trial and error effort for the beach.
It's a creative trial and error effort for the beach.
I went a little too dark on the beach (not necessarily intentionally), but it came out okay.
Here's the final photo.
I'm pretty happy about all of this. And I'm becoming more comfortable taking risks and trying new things in painting.










No comments:
Post a Comment